heliette.neveu@ac-grenoble.fr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Degaches Emma

The video about GMOs Empty The video about GMOs

Sun 5 Apr - 22:13
1 ) This video speak about GMOs. We understand that over time, the animal and plants have changed since their origin. The producter of the video ask: GMOs are bad? He answers that eating GMOs plants isn't more hazardous that eating no-GMOs plants. Another more, some plants have been changed for become toxic but they are just for the insects, not for the human. Like the chocolate is dangerous for the dogs for their health whereas, us we love it.
Yet the GMOs representing a big buisness for the pesticide industry -> 90% of crops in the USA are sturdy of herbicide. This is a big problem around the GMOs. It's necessary that we change the agriculture for a more sustainable model, the GMOs are allies not ennemies.
The second questions is : GMOs are good? We have two examples :
- Bangladesh : plantation of eggplants are destroyed by the insects, so the formers used pesticides but they get sick. So the implantation of the eggplant killed insects and it isn't dangerous for the formers -> -80% usage of pesticides.
- Hawaï : The industry of papaya use the OGMs in order to protect the culture against the virus.
The last subjects is : the future. The GMOs allow to produce food without that the climate change has an impact on it.
Conclusion : The ONU think that we will need 70% more in 2050. We can continue to cultivate like that or find a better solution : the GMOs.

2 ) I'm not concern about GMOs, i don't think it's a problem. We are more and more on earth and we can't stay like that. It's for that i think that GMOs are an exit. Of course to modify in order to make them better, i think that it can be a solution but by solving issues, they creates new ones...
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum