heliette.neveu@ac-grenoble.fr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
manon.nerzic

pride and prejudice Empty pride and prejudice

Fri 3 Apr - 13:14
These articles are clearly biased, they mostly have a negative opinion on Jane Austen’s characters. They talks a lot about judgment and ridiculous (particurlarly Mrs Bennet). Some of them think Austen drives us to like or dislike a character (for example she makes us like Elizabeth’s character) , others put hope in misunderstood or barely present charcters (Paula Byrne describes Lydia Bennet as an heroine with « glorious, noisy imperfection », that’s absolutely not what I would say about her). I think they are talking about the charcacters in a way we don't know what to think of them anymore, it’s confusing. To my mind we can’t judge these characters from an ancient era with a contemporary  view, our codes and judgements just can’t be applied to them.

My favourite character of this novel is Mrs Bennet because her behavior is quite funny, she’s just ridiculous and too much.

Nevertheless I agree with Fleur, Mr Bennet is also a good and interesting character, at first I didn’t see this deconnection with the society and everything, but it’s well done.

Manon
Mrs H. G.-F.
Mrs H. G.-F.
Admin
https://llcelasaulaie.cours.net

pride and prejudice Empty Re: pride and prejudice

Mon 6 Apr - 7:40
Great work, Manon!
So what would you say about Lydia, then?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum